Institute of Spatial Planning
The Institute forms the overarching framework for eight Research Units, one co-opted Interdisciplinary Research Center and two Research Platforms. In cooperation with other university institutions, public administrations and the private sector, the Institute has set itself the goal of developing competence centres in specific research topics relevant to planning, which are to become visible and gain importance beyond Austria.
The following principles contribute to this goal:
- Stronger public positioning and better visualisation of spatial planning as a cross-sectional matter by the Institute
- Strengthening the recognised status of the research areas in teaching and research and as partners of public and private clients
- Cooperation and division of labour between the research areas in research, teaching and administration
- Innovation and increased efficiency through close cooperation between the research areas within the institute
- Support and relief of the research areas by setting up joint service units