Interdisciplinary support unit for the coordination of scientific exchange between the faculties of TU Wien and Japanese research institutions
JASEC coordinates the scientific cooperation between all faculties of TU Wien and Japanese partner institutions and overtakes the responsibilities of the former Key Station which previously supervised scientific exchange program with the University of Tokyo since 1981. In addition to fostering the mobility of researchers and teaching staff JASEC also supports students of both countries in the framework of university partnerships. The difference in language, mentality and curricula are sometimes barriers for an active exchange. However, the long-lasting and very successful cooperation of the TU Wien with Japanese partner institutions provides evidence that these barriers can be overcome.
- Research support for joint projects
- Coordination of partnerships with Japanese universities
- Assistance and consulting for researchers, teaching staff and students of both countries before and during their stay
- Information about scholarships of Japanese partner universities and 3rd party funds
- Focus of research and education in the framework of the TU cooperation center for disaster mitigation and security in buildings
- Japanese language courses for students of all faculties (e.g. as preparation for a research stay in Japan)