Master's degree in architecture (Dipl.-Ing.)
For the completion of your master's degree and obtaining the title Dipl.-Ing., the following prerequisites must be observed:
1. Registration: submission and registration of the second and third examiners
The submission of the master's degree takes place online.
Please log into TISS with your TU account and go to the menu item Graduation. The master’s degrees must be submitted during the submission period (see diploma examination dates).
- All candidates who register within the one-week deadline are admitted to the final examination. There is no entrant restriction.
- There are a number of criteria to be followed when choosing second and third-party auditors:
- The examiners must be from different sections/departments, have different examinations, and should preferably be chosen in the Faculty of Architecture and Spatial Planning.
List of all professors and lecturers for architecture and spatial planning 2021 (pdf)
If one of the examiners is an assistant with a doctorate or an external examiner, you need a special authorization from the Vice-Study-Dean for architecture Helmut Schramm (only one assistant or one external examiner possible).
2. Application for final examination
There is a further one-week deadline (in the consultation hours) for the application for the final examination, by submitting the registration card ("Anmeldemappe").
One issue of your diploma thesis (name at the back of the book, signed on the first page) has to be filled with approval confirmation and three CDs (max. 50 MB) labeled at the dean's office.
3. Diploma supplement
After taking a certain amount of courses from the research unit of "History of Architecture and Building Archaelogy" (251-01) and "Monument Preservation and Building" (251-02), this specialization can be entered in the Diploma Supplement as integrated study qualification in "building research.Monument maintenance".
Further information can be found here: https://www.tuwien.at/studium/studienangebot/masterstudien/architektur/siq-bauforschungdenkmalpflege/uebersicht/
The final examinations in March, April and October, November are counted to the preceding semester. No enrollment is necessary for the current semester when you take the diploma examination on these dates.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us in the office hours of the Dean's office.